Monday, May 18, 2009

Goodbye Grandma, We will miss you....




May 18, 2009
I just got a call from my dad this morning that my grandma passed away. She had been in the hospital for the last few days in a coma. She had really been struggling lately and I know that she is at peace now with her mom and dad.
These pictures were taken in June 2008 when Dad, Lindsay, Madi and I drove to Montana to have a 5 generation picture taken and introduce Madi to her great great grandparents. We had such a great time on this trip and I am soooo glad we had that time with her. Thank you again Dad for being such a good sport taking the two worst travelers in the world across three states to have those memories.
My Grandma was a strong woman who seemed able to accomplish any task. She was so much fun to grow up with and loved all her grandkids. I remember the way she loved to sing and we would often break into songs any where. She had a wonderful sense of humor and loved to laugh. There were so many people who knew her and loved her, she truly touched the lives of so many.
Dad, Cindy & Jan I am so deeply sorry for your loss I know how much she loved you all and that you were her greatest joy in life. She was so proud of her kids and loved to show them off. I love you all very much and wish I was able to be there with you to give you a hug in person.

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

Dear Valarie and Cathi,

You have both created beautiful tributes to your Grandmother. And best of all, I know that you told her that you loved her, and what she meant to you as you were growing up, and as adults. She was VERY proud of you and your families!

I have lots of memories of her too, many of them the same ones that you mention in your blogs - she was quick to break into song, which embarrassed you as teenagers, but you joined right in as you grew up. I loved singing with her, too, and boy, could she harmonize! I remember singing with her over the phone, when they were in Montana the first time.

I'm glad that you had the opportunities to travel to Oregon with her during the summer. I know that she created many great memories for you, and that's one of the most important jobs that a Grandma has! She had no trouble getting you to go to bed when you stayed with her - of course, that may have been due to the candy bar that she gave you to take to bed with you......: )

She was very good to me, and I was proud to be her daughter-in-law, and that you were her granddaughters!

We love you both, and our thoughts and prayers are with you today, and always.

Good-bye, Marge, and God bless!

Mom and Lee