Sunday, September 20, 2009

So today is the day....








that I have been dreading for a couple of months now. Cody is on his way to Afghanistan to do whatever is necessary to accomplish this seemingly impossible task. He joins thousands of other men and women in the armed services who's job it is to protect our country. While all their families know this and understand this I can tell you right now it does not make it any easier. I believe in my heart he will be fine and return home safe and sound but as a mom it's hard to know your child is going to be facing real and life threatening danger. Cody has always been lucky, things usually seem to work out for him, and we have always teased him that he has a rainbow following him. I hope it reaches across the world to follow him now. I know this will be a life changing experience for my son and I hope he has the inner strength to not let it change who he is completely. I know there are many people praying for his and everyone else's safe return and for that I am eternally grateful.

6 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

DFitz said...

My prayers are with you and yours

Art Wilson said...

What a beautiful statement by a loving and caring Mother, Our prayers are that Cody will return safe, sound and whole -- without mental anguish or physical harm. War is hell -- I wish he didn't have to go. Art & Sam

Cathi said...

You can add us to the list of people praying for your brave son.
Much love,
Cathi

Val said...

Thankyou so much! it means so much to me to know he is everyone's thoughts and prayers!

Pat and Lee said...

well, I can't read this post without tears, so haven't commented till now. You know that Cody is in our thoughts and prayers. I know that we all echo Art's sentiments - we wish he didn't have to go.
But, as you said, Cody has always been blessed, and I have no doubt that he'll come back to us.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, too. I can't imagine how hard this is for you.
I love you lots!!
Mom