Tuesday, June 01, 2010

A Great Weekend






Well since it was a long weekend I had lots of plans to do lots of things. Saturday morning I got highlights in my hair, which was fun. After that I picked up Lindsay, Madi and Hailey to go to the mall to have some lunch and do a little shopping. While we were on our way Cody called, as we were chatting he asked what I was up to which I proceeded to explain; lunch at the mall, sale at Old Navy, etc... Anyway I was standing in Old Navy when someone grabbed my shoulder from behind ('bout scared me to death) and it was Cody! He had driven up to surprise us and we had surprised him by not being home! Apparently I give up information too easily :) We all had lunch together then Lindsay and Hailey did some power shopping while Cody and I wrangled Madi. We actually had a lot of fun and finished off the day with a BBQ.
Sunday we had everyone over and the boys all worked on the Hot Tub and shot at things with Dave's BB gun.
On Monday I went to my first ever cow horse clinic where we worked the "flag" which is actually a motorized cow looking thing that dangles from wires that is controlled by someone hopefully willing to take pity on you. The idea is for the horse to track the cow and even though I am a newbie along with my horse we still got to shake things up a little. On my second turn I rode Joey, who is my horses' daddy. Also a professional at this game so all I had to do was Hang On! Which believe it or not is harder than it looks. We had a great time and I can't wait to go do it again!
Oh, and I sold one of the puppies :) he hasn't left yet but it is one less to advertise...So even though the weather was not exactly perfect I would have to give this long weekend Two Thumbs Up!

No comments: