Monday, November 01, 2010

Haileys Invasion!




I realized my mother has not added any pictures of our little prickly pear. Her name is Pryxi and she is approximately 3 months old. She has many names that Mom and Dave call her. But is usually referred to as Prickly Pear or a Sea Urchin. She is a Pinto Pygmy African Hedgehog. We are waiting for our new edition, his name will be Sonic. We are hoping for a tan one, but we will not be picky. Eventually we will have little baby "hedgies" to add to the blog and spread the Prickly Pear joy!

4 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

What a cute little "prickly pear"! Is she friendly? Does she bite? Where did you get her? Is she nocturnal? Can't wait to see your little hedgehogs at Christmas!

Nathan said...

I am also rather looking forward to seeing prickly pear and of course Sonic. How ever did you get interested in hedgehogs? Aside from the Sonic the hedgehog video games which is the only thing I can think of. Would you say that she is similar to a pet gerbel?

Cathi said...

Well, thank God *SOMEONE* is updating this blog! Cute little kritter you got there, Hailey. Can't wait so see how your breeding program goes. I'll keep my eye out for hedgehogs : )

Val said...

Hey I update my blog pretty regularly.....